Below are the positions taken by the California Republican Party (CAGOP) and the Sacramento County Republican Party (SCRP).
Local Measures: SCRP Positions
No on Measure A – Strong Mayor – City of Sacramento
No on Measure M – Tax Increase – Citrus Heights
No on Measure R – Tax Increase – Rancho Cordova
Attorney General Title provided for recognition on the ballot…not because it’s accurate.
- Proposition 14 (Bonds for Research) Authorizes Bonds to Continue Funding Stem Cell and Other
Medical Research. Initiative Statute. (SCRP/CAGOP – Oppose)
- Proposition 15 (Split Roll Tax) Increases Funding for Public Schools, Community Colleges, and Local Government Services by Changing Tax Assessment of Commercial and Industrial Property. Initiative Constitutional Amendment. (No on Split-Roll Tax – SCRP/CAGOP Oppose) What the Attorney General’s description fails to mention is that Prop 15 is an $11.5 Billion per year property tax increase that will cause California businesses to lose their Proposition 13 protections. And homeowners will be next.
- Proposition 16 (Affirmative Action) Government preferences. (ACA 5, Resolution Chapter 23, Statutes of 2020) (Keep Discrimination Illegal SCRP/CAGOP Oppose) Programs targeted toward women and minorities are legal today – but the state just can’t make admissions decisions or exclude on factors like race. With its laws today, California leads the nation in racial and gender equality.
- Proposition 17 (Voting Rights for Parolees) Elections: disqualification of electors. (ACA 6, Resolution Chapter 24, Statutes of 2020) (SCRP/CAGOP Oppose) Offenders should complete their sentence, including time on parole, before regaining the privilege of voting.
- Proposition 18 (Voting Rights for 17-Year-Olds) Elections: voting age. (ACA 4, Resolution Chapter 30, Statutes of 2020) (SCRP/CAGOP Oppose) They still need a permission slip to go on a field trip at this age…
- Proposition 19 (Tax Base Protection) The Home Protection for Seniors, Severely Disabled, Families, and Victims of Wildfire or Natural Disasters Act. (ACA 11, Resolution Chapter 31, Statutes of 2020) – HJTA & SCRP Oppose
- Proposition 20 (Public Safety) Restricts Parole for Non-Violent Offenders. Authorizes Felony Sentences for Certain Offenses Currently Treated Only as Misdemeanors. Initiative Statute. (Keep California Safe Act – SCRP/CAGOP Support)
- Proposition 21 (Rent Control) Expands Local Governments’ Authority to Enact Rent Control on Residential Property. Initiative Statute. (SCRP/CAGOP Oppose)
- Proposition 22 (AB 5 Carve Out) Changes Employment Classification Rules for App-Based Transportation and Delivery Drivers. Initiative Statute. (Save App-Based Jobs & Services SCRP/CAGOP Support)
- Proposition 23 (Kidney Dialysis) Authorizes State Regulation of Kidney Dialysis Clinics. Establishes Minimum Staffing and Other Requirements. Initiative Statute. No on 23 (SCRP/CAGOP Oppose)
- Proposition 24 (Digital Privacy) Amends Consumer Privacy Laws. Initiative Statute. (SCRP/CAGOP Oppose)
- Proposition 25 (Bail Bonds) Referendum to Overturn a 2018 Law That Replaced Money Bail System With a System Based on Public Safety Risk. (Vote “No” to support the bail bond system – SCRP/CAGOP Supports “No”)