PRIMARY ELECTION – MARCH 3, 2020
Primary Election Calendar: Key Dates & Deadlines
Sept 12 – Nov 6, 2019: Signatures-In-Lieu of Filing Period
Sept 27 – Dec 6, 2019 : Central Committee Nomination Period
Nov 12 – Dec 6, 2019: Declaration of Candidacy and Nomination Paper Period
Jan 6 – Feb 18, 2020: Statement of Write-In Candidacy and Nomination Paper Period
Interested in Running for Office?
Attorney General Title & SCRP Position
- Referendum to Overturn a 2018 Law that Replaced Money Bail System with a System Based on Public Safety Risk (Text)
SacCountyGOP Position: No (vote “No” to support the bail bond system)
- Restricts Parole for Non-Violent Offenders. Authorizes Felony Sentences for Certain Offenses Currently Treated Only as Misdemeanors (Text)
SacCountyGOP Position: Yes (vote “Yes” to provide stricter penalties for violent crimes)
For more information visit: keepcalsafe.org
- Requires Certain Commercial and Industrial Real Property to be Taxed Based on Fair-Market Value. Dedicates Portion of Any Increased Revenues to Education and Local Services. (Text)
SacCountyGOP Position: No (vote “No” to support Proposition 13)
For more information visit: stophigherpropertytaxes.org
There is now a second Recall Newsom campaign that has qualified to gather signatures. Visit their website to download their petition.
- YOU MAY SIGN BOTH PETITIONS! Just make sure it is not the same one. Best way to tell the difference is the Erin Cruz campaign petition is on legal-size paper, and the new Dr. Veltmeyer campaign is on letter-size paper.
- BEWARE OF ONLINE PETITIONS! You cannot sign a recall petition on a website. If someone is asking you to do that, they are just collecting contact information and trying to raise money. There are only two campaigns that have been approved by the Secretary of State.