SacCountyGOP is working to secure each election by placing trained volunteers in vote centers and at drop boxes to observe the voting process. Below is information about your role in improving Election Integrity. Be sure to report any fraudulent activity you have witnessed!
Track Your Ballot!
Click here to keep track of the status of your ballot, including when it has been mailed, received by County Elections, and approved to be counted.
SacCountyGOP’s Election Integrity Program
Under the leadership of our EIO Nina Caron, over 150 Republicans were direct participants in the following roles:
- Paid workers inside County elections, processing ballots, and adjudicating damaged or mismarked ballots to determine voter intent
- Paid workers to close Drop Boxes on Election Night and deliver ballots to County Elections
- Paid workers in Vote Centers where in person voting took place
- Volunteer Vote Center Observers
- Volunteer Drop Box Closure Observers
- Volunteer Observers as equipment and systems were tested at County Elections
- Volunteer Observers as ballots were received and processed at County Elections
- Attorneys and County Chair Mahan were in constant communication with the Election Office to solve issues in real time.
All observers filed reports with SacCountyGOP and those findings were shared with the County Elections Office to communicate what went right and wrong during the voting process.
Nina Caron, Election Integrity Officer
Nina Caron has been appointed as SacCountyGOP’s Election Integrity Officer, and she’s working with other counties and the CAGOP to share best practices to secure the election.
The best way to make sure our ballots are safe is to have our people on the inside counting ballots and observing the process, so Nina recruits Republicans to work the elections (staffing Vote Centers, counting ballots, monitoring duplication and other manual processes), and she’s training Republicans to be Election Observers in Vote Centers. Nina also joins with SacCountyGOP Chair Betsy Mahan as an active participant on the Sacramento County Elections Community Advisory Committee.
How does Sac County Elections Secure the Vote?
In order to secure elections, it’s important to understand the process, including voter registration, how ballots reach voters, verification of ballots submitted, and how votes are counted.
In addition to observers who represent the Republican Party, the public is welcome to observe any part of the election process. To learn more, visit the Election Observer Guidelines page on Sacramento County Election’s website. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, you must make an appointment to observe. To schedule an appointment, please call (916) 875-6451 or email email@example.com. You may also call their toll-free voter assistance hotline at (800) 762-8019.